A simple but delicious sundried tomato pesto recipe that is so easy and quick to make. Its really versatile as it can be enjoyed with all different types of pastas.
Prep Time: 3 Mins
Cook Time: 10Mins
150g Sundried Tomatoes
3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 Cloves Garlic
A Handful of Fresh Basil
A Handful of fresh Baby Plum Tomatoes (Optional)
A Handful of Spinach (Optional)
A Handful of Mushroom (Optional)
1/4 Cup Roasted Almonds
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste as Desired
1. Using a skillet (or heavy base pan) heat the almonds over medium heat for about 3 minutes until they begin to brown and give off a rich and tasty fragrance. Make sure you toss them regularly as they can burn easily quite quickly.
2. Remove the almonds from the pan to cool, then add them to a food process to blitz into little pieces.
3. Add 3 garlic cloves, basil, sundried tomatoes and 2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a food processor and pulse until you reach desired consistency
4. Cook your favourite pasta as per instruction on the package.
5. Add mushrooms into a pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add your green onions, salt and pepper and cook for further 1½ minutes. Turn off the heat, add the spinach and mix well. (Skipp this step of you don’t want mushroom).
6. Combine sundried tomato pesto and Parmigiano-Reggiano with your pasta.
7. Plate your pasta and top with the mushroom and diced fresh baby plum tomatoes.